1. 23 of the sweetest things ever (warning: tears may come out of your eyes)
2. This gets the neuroscience geek in me super excited. It is amazing how far we have come, and how much further we can and will go.
3. When one of your virtual blogging friends is having a baby all the way in Japan, this is how you rally and show her love.
4 This post by my sweet friend Jenni on budgeting, equipped with some great links. Stephen and I are in this place right now, as I would guess a lot of twenty/thirty somethings are. This is when life gets real; you are thinking about having children, or actually having them, buying a home, student loan debt, life insurance, retirement…all of the adult life things that creep up on you without warning. Enter: Budgeting.
5. FULL BODY CHILLS: Homeland Season 3 Trailer and The Hunger Games Catching Fire trailer
6. I have an addiction to Frozen Yogurt..aka Froyo. It was strong before I left to England. I was living in Orange county, and working in Laguna Beach. I would go to Red Mango every.day. Then I went to the UK and I think the only frozen yogurt place is in London? I could be wrong, but there wasn’t any in the cities I lived. Stephen didn’t even know what it was. cue gasp. I know. Now we are back and my love is running deep again. I get (because I know you want to know) plain, with granola, carob chips, yogurt chips, almonds, and coconut. YUM.
7. I really enjoyed reading all of the comments on last weeks post. I love how we as women have the freedom to make our own choices regarding the whole little name change situation, and that we live in a time where not any one decision is necessarily right or wrong. Even though some different opinions were expressed, the general consensus was to each their own. I don’t think, years ago, that would have been the case. I have officially changed my name with social security, because I a. wanted to and b. because for immigration purposes I have to. 😉
8. The Camp in Costa Mesa. That place has stepped.it.up. Pictures 3 and 4 are from The Blackmarket Bakery located at The Camp. When I lived in Orange County I think this place had like 2 restaurants. Now it is boasting multiple indie dining spots and shops. I spent the entire day there last weekend having meetings and doing some work. I managed to start at east bourough for an early lunch, then go to vitaly for a late lunch, the wine lab for evening drinks, and then ended at Umami Burger dinner. If you live in the OC area, get on it. One of their coffee shops (which also has frozen yogurt), Milk & Honey, was featured on the Real Housewives of Orange County…or so I’m told……………i love that show so much.
J Brand Jeans
River Island flats (not available but similar in black here)
ASOS watch, old.(similar)